Monday, September 24, 2007

Cactus Saves The Day


Tonight after work I was walking to my car in the school parking lot and there was a big "BOOM!" We turned around and saw that an older model BMW had slammed into a street pole head on. It was nasty. I, being the loyal Red Cross girl, went over with my first aid kit and my coworker followed in suit.


The lady was scratched and I put some band-aids on her, but she looked ok. The interesting thing is that she was high, really high. Her eyes were huge and she rambled on and on, sometimes crying, sometimes laughing. She called her husband (who smelled terribly of pot when he arrived). He came to make sure she was ok then LEFT. The police had arrived so I guess he decided not to get into trouble as well. Smart man.


The lady ran a red light (witnesses said) but get this...she blamed her shoe. She said her shoe got in the way of the brake and then she got confused and accelerated. Interesting theory.


Today's life lesson: Do not wear high heeled shoes while driving. Do not get high before driving (especially when going to pick up your kid at daycare).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home