Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Knocked Down


Nobody said this would be easy.
Nobody said it would be this difficult, either.

Last Friday I got knocked down. Again. After interviewing several times for a position, I found out I didn't get the job. I tried not to get my hopes up, but I did. I was sure I bagged the job. So where does this leave me? Knocked down. I've decided to consult with Chumbawumba on this issue.

I get knocked down but I get up again...
You're never going to keep me down...
Cheesy lyrics aside, I've decided I'm tired of being knocked down. True, things haven't gone as planned since I arrived in AZ just a few short months ago. There have been many disappointments. But hell, am I going to let a few knockdowns ruin my life? It may be easy to sit back and be the "victim," but damnit, I'm tired of it. Have you ever found a cockroach on the ground, belly up but still alive? Legs wiggling, struggling to flip back over? I'M THAT COCKROACH! :) Please, if you see me belly up, don't step on me, FLIP ME BACK OVER!
The other day I was in the car, radio on as usual. When I'm down and out, I find myself listening to lyrics really closely, even if I've heard the song a billion times before. The song, "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson came on. Singing along (hideously off tune, of course), I realized the song actually made some sense.
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I loved
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

You go, Poxy!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home