Friday, September 08, 2006

The Confessional


\con*fess"\, v. i. 1. to make confession; to disclose sins or faults, or the state of the conscience.

Feeling guilty? Need to let it out?

Allow me to introduce: The Confessional. From time to time I'll be opening the doors, ready to accept those past boo boos to help you move on. You can remain anonymous if you'd like.

My confession:

In the summer after fifth grade, I attended church camp for a week. I slept on the bottom bunk, while some girl I didn't know slept on the top. This chick brought the largest comforter for her twin bed. During the night, this stupid thing would hang down and brush up against me, scaring the living daylights outta me. One night I got a little hot tempered (who, me?) and yanked the comforter really hard to wake her up so she'd pull it back up. Long story short, I pulled too hard and yanked her off the top bunk and she fell on the concrete floor next to me. Everyone woke up and I felt really bad. When I was questioned, I didn't admit that I made her fall off. Luckily she wasn't hurt. Whew. I feel better.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know...I figure that's something you would have done in grade school. You weren't a nice girl at all.

Anonymous..no way...its Irene.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cactus said...

those were the dark years, my dear friend. it was all because I had smurfette on the sides of my eyeglasses. what a dork!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...I can imagine that; Here's one of mine: When I was eight and my brother was 7, I knocked him off the camper trailer porch on purpose by opening the door really hard because he had been pounding on it wanting in with we three sisters, poor kid. So, aggravated at the pounding I knocked him off the step, giving him a huge cut over his eye which had to be stitched and he still has a scar...boy did I get a spanking with large wooden spoon but still it was worth it, little passive aggressive child that I was/still am? Bad girl comes out occasionally...Laura

11:48 AM  
Blogger Amanda G. said...

When I was in grade school & high school, I would play hookie - a lot. I had it to a science:

1. start to complain about being sick the night before - with subtle comments.
2. get "sick" on a Thursday, that way you will get your make-up work on Friday and have the whole weekend to catch up.

Ferris Bueller was my hero.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a kick out of this, altho it was somewhat meanspirited.

Guess mine would be when my sis and I found a tube of this really awesome red-colored liquid blush one day in the dark recesses of the bathroom cabinets. It looked so much like blood that we just couldn't resist the temptation: we painted it over one side of my temple and when our Mom came home, told her this great story about how we got into a fight involving me getting slammed into a bookcase (hence the blood). Then we just sat back and watched the fireworks go off...gotta say, that's the most fun I've ever had w/ a container of blush...poor Mom...

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home