Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dude, Where's My Car ?!


Picture this. Monday night, 6:30pm, dusk. I decide I'm going to brave the night vision problems to take w & s to the dogpark. I walk outside to get in the car. IT IS GONE. I'm dead serious, the car was NOT where I parked it. W & S are very excited at this point, S is pulling on his leash and barking as if to say "c'mon mom, c'mon w lets go! we haven't been to the dogpark in four days!" I look around, dumbfounded.

About five minutes later and two rows back, I see it. It is BACKED into a parking space (I never do this, I suck at it). I was looking around for Candid Camera or something. I walk over, unlocked with the keyfob, still puzzled. I put w and s into the backseat and start the engine. The mileage seems right (I remembered I was about ready to hit 50K) and everything is still IN the car. WTF happened? The only other key is in a drawer in my house.

Okay, so drama aside, apparently there was construction scheduled and notes were placed on cars telling people to move them. I, of course didn't see the note (or it blew off) since I didn't leave the house from the time of surgery on Sat until Monday night. I was going to call the apt complex office today but forgot. I'm assuming they towed my car because I didn't move it. Sheesh, they have my vehicle info, I was home ALL day...why not call me and ask me to move it?!

That little incident seriously f'd with my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home