Thursday, September 21, 2006

Surgery Day is Almost Here!


I'm having Lasik on Saturday morning. Everything is confirmed and I'm ready to go. My dad is visiting Fri-Sat so he'll be able to take me and drive me home after. According to the surgeon, I'm very nearsighted, thus, a good candidate. My vision is currently 20/400 and after surgery should be 20/20. Unless something goes wrong. Thats the part that freaks me out! There's a chance that I'll see stars while driving at night for a few weeks - it usually goes away, but may last forever. Eeek. I'm trying really hard not to play the "what if" game though. Here's a link to the exact procedure I'm having:
http://www.lunaeye.com/lasik/intralase/intralase.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Very cool! My sister had that surgery and everything went smooth as silk. I'm sure it will be exactly the same for you. And she's so happy she did it. Just think--no more dreading walking in the rain b/c of glasses...or getting up and trying to pry your tired eyes open to squeeze a piece of plastic in. Keep me posted!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Amanda G. said...

Wow, cactus. I didn't know you were doing this! I'm sure everything will be fine, and it will open a whole new world to you after its over. How exciting!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home