Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Higher Education - a pain in my a$$

This whole grad school thing is really starting to frustrate me. First, I have a hyperactive academic advisor who says different things every time I talk to him. He gives me little help, and what help he does give is pathetic and inaccurate. I receive a list of 7 school districts to apply to. I have the name of the district, the HR person's name and their email address. Thanks, you little terd (did i just say that?) for the address to each district. Is it THAT hard? Why should every student have to Google to get this info??? Why am I paying over 18K to this university again?

So I send out emails with my cover and resume attached. Now the school districts are emailing asking if I've filled out the application online. Uh..no. So today I begin to fill one of the apps out. This school district wants every job I've had in the last 10 years. @*(@#(%*&. Fine. I can do that.

At the end of the app, I'm supposed to write up a testimonial. Like "I want to be a teacher because...blah blah blah." Okay, I may teach for a while, but I really like admin stuff better. But hey, I'll play the game. What the heck do I write? I seriously need to get on this since I need a job ASAP. What a pain.

I HATE HATE HATE writing fakey testimonial crap. And they ALL want my refs up front. I don't really want 7 districts calling each ref!! I don't have that many good refs, you know? AHHHHH. This is such a pain. It would be easier if the univ would just place me somewhere rather than going through all this bullcrap.

Today hasn't been the greatest. I'm frustrated. Can you tell??

Cactus, not feeling Sweet at all

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

I'm sure all 7 places won't call your references. Most empoloyers don't call references until you are past at least the first interview, and if these are schools that normally hire students from your university, hopefully you won't need to go on 7 interviews.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home