Friday, November 03, 2006

Garbage Pail Kids


Remember these things? Created to poke fun at Cabbage Patch Kids, GPKs were designed to appeal to boys. They were all the rage when I was in elementary school. I can remember my mom putting a packet in my lunchbox every once and a while and being so embarrassed that I liked them, I opened them in the bathroom to see which cards I got. Some kids got cheesy notes from their mommies, I got GPK cards. On a family trip to Hawaii, my mom stashed packets of cards in my "sit down and shut up during the plane ride" bookbag. The gum was nasty, but the cards were pretty nifty. I still have a big stack of them to show my future children someday. I never did find the one card with my name on it. When the novel idea went sour, production ended. Then in 2003 - they came back and are still being produced, with a new series coming in 2007!

Fun Links:
Was a GPK card ever made with your name on it? Find out here: http://www.wgpkr.com/GPK/FindYourName/
Create your own GPK online and mail it to friends:
http://www.garbagepailkidsworld.com/create.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

Cabbage Patch Kids, growing in the garden

Cabbage Patch Kids, growing in the sun

But the most important thing about a Cabbage Patch KIIIIIID

Is that each one grows to be a special.one!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home