Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Bitch That Changed My Life (a poem by Cactus)


Read Live at The Paper Heart - October 17th, 2006







The Bitch That Changed By Life

The whole thing was spontaneous
I’d been browsing through dozens of photos on the internet
You caught my eye

Your name: Wendy
You had beautiful light brown hair and seductive eyes
You had some of the prettiest eyelashes I’d even seen
Your profile told me you enjoy long walks, gentle touches and love to kiss
You’re a shy girl who is seeking that special person to complete her

I left work early to meet you
Told no one where I was going
The conditions weren’t fancy
The air damp, the lights dim and noisy as ever

Wendy, you didn’t say a word
But I knew it was you, exactly like your picture
When our eyes met, I knew you were the one.
We left together that night
I awoke to your warm kisses on my cheek
Your body against mine

Wendy, we’ve seen each other through some tough times
My life is better because of you
You tell me you feel the same, maybe not with words
But by the way your eyes light up and your tail wags when I fill your bowl with kibble

Thanks for being a girl’s best friend
You truly are The Bitch That Changed My Life
I love you Wendy

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

I think the revisions you made are great - it really brought the whole piece together. You rock!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy Lou-
You are the cutest shiba mix I've ever seen. Just hearing your name gets me excited. I loved the times we could run in the park and then spoon on the rug. You were my girl Wendy and I was your stud.
I miss you sooooooo soooooo (tilt, tilt, wag, wag) much. Will I ever see you again???
your doggy love, Louie

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home