Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cactus Wants a Tattoo


One of my favorite TV shows is Miami Ink on TLC. I used to think that tattoos were only for the wild girls, but since watching MI, I now realize the beauty and meaning behind a tattoo.

I think I've decided on what my first tattoo will be. Some of my ideas in the past were:
-a fish
-something in japanese characters (like success or hope)
-an arch (since my roots will always be St. Louis)

Now I have it. I want a small butterfly. Why? Moving to AZ made me spread my wings. Since I've been here, I've seen a new world, a colorful one, new scenery....stuff like that. I know, this blog is deeeeep.

Where do I want my tattoo? Somewhere where no one would see it unless i chose to show them. My ankle is out due to wearing skirts and being professional. I'm down to two options. First is between my breasts (I like this idea the most, but I'm told that is a very painful place to get a tattoo and I'm far from brave). The second is on one of my breasts. I don't like this idea because as I gain and lose weight throughout life, the tattoo will change.

So, what do you guys think of the placement and tattoo choice? I wouldn't do it for a while (and yes, I'd plan ahead and pick a reputable place). There are zillions of butterfly species, so I'd research a long time to decide what I wanted....

Cactus

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

top of the back somewhere, assuming you normally wear a shirt it should be covered up most of the time. That's what was once suggested to me. The lower back/small of the back is really, really popular among a certain class of girls and is kind of obnoxious by now, I think. Between the breasts seems a little odd to me, for some reason. Top of the shoulder blade, though, is kinda nice, I think.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Wintersnow70 said...

Well, there is always the tell-tale, low back, just under the waistline. Trouble is with low waisted pants in, it would show. Then the can you take the pain to have it on your chest - No! I honestly don't think AK can take it (sorry cactus girl). Last choice then on hip below pants line (even low waisted) since I know you (or I) won't be wearing a bikini.
But remember this AK- what a tatoo brought someone I was close to. ????

7:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda G. said...

top of shoulder blade would be my vote as well. Anywhere near the waste-line is a bad idea for someone planing to ever have kids -- same goes for on the breast & in the middle just seems too painful!!!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home