Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Philosophy of Velveeta "Cheese"

I love Velveeta. Always have, always will.

Did you know? Velveeta first hit the market in 1928 (packaged in 1/4 lb. only).

Me and Velveeta: A History

-My family makes fun of my love for V. One year for Christmas, they bought me a giant Sam's Club size box of V.
-I am the proud owner of promo-only 22" Ertl 18 wheeler bearing the V name (from my dad)
-My bud Amanda gave me a Velveeta cookbook
-I really only like V. Light or Mexican V. Original is too rich. I don't like the pre-sliced kind or shredded kind. It doesn't taste the same. I swear.
-When I'm sick, my comfort meal is a grilled cheese sandwich (with V!) and Chef Boyardee's canned ABC's and 123's with meatballs.

Links:
V. Homepage (recipes!): http://www.kraftfoods.com/velveeta
Newspaper Article Dissing a V. Commercial: http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/intucson/history_culture/012706b5_offbeatallen

Thanks for your attention. Go eat some Velveeta!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

Velveeta's power to melt evenly is far superior to most other types of cheese. Specifically Cheddar's. Velveeta laughs in the face of Cheddar Cheese.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home