Sunday, November 12, 2006

I crave St. Louis


This evening I was preparing tomorrow's lesson for my 5/6th graders. Since tomorrow is my first day as a teacher by myself (cringe!), I thought I'd make the lesson to help them get comfortable with me as their new teacher. I did some internet searching to refresh myself of some St. Louis facts. While researching the Gateway Arch, I stumbled upon a website for a company that delivers favorite St. Louis cravings to displaced folks. So, if you're one of my St. Louis pals, here are a few products that are considered St. Louis' favorite foods:
  • Provel cheese (GOD, YES YES YES!)
  • Gooey butter cake
  • Ted Drewes
  • Toasted ravioli

I would add Lubeley's Bakery to the list. Before I moved, I checked and they DO mail stuff, so my birthday wish is a cake from Lubeley's. I don't care if it is a smooshed mess, it all tastes the same to me. Mmmmm....birthday cake.... Wait! Fuzzy, you're coming to visit in Feb - and Feb is your b-day month too...are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

St. Louis pals, would you add anything else? Check out the website to see what they'll ship...

http://foodcraver.com/index.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

yum...gooy butter cake!

BBQ Pork-stakes (in general, but especially for Memorial Day) is a St. Louis thing. A delicious St. Louis tradition!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICH AND CHARLIE'S (anything); Steak 'n' Shake; Uncle Bill's Pancake House; deep butter coffee cake (my family's preferred version); Crown Candy Kitchen milk shakes; Merb's Bionic Apples (or for wimps like me, Happy Apples from Washington, MO) and more I don't dare list!

BTW... with all the mexicans that have moved to The Lou in the last several years, there's LOTS of that food to go around now.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home